The Brooklyn Trust Company Building has remained virtually untouched since the first cornerstone was laid at the corner of Pierrepont and Clinton in 1913. Designed in the Italian High Renaissance style, it is modeled after the Palazzo della Gran Guardia in Verona. The rusticated limestone base and the piano nobile's double-height colonnade of smooth-faced limestone are well-proportioned and finely crafted.`Designed by York & Sawyer, one of the most prominent and prolific New York City architectural firms of the early twentieth century, The Brooklyn Trust Company Building has been the anchor of the Brooklyn Heights "Bank Row" for a century.
12 units, 6 stories.
Architect: Barry Rice Architects
Developer: The Stahl Organization
Status: Active Project
Neighborhood: Brooklyn Heights, NYC